We have prepared a detailed breakdown of how the PDF format can help your business. But before we go any further, we would like to inform you that there is such a place as PDF Guru. There, you can easily edit your documents or even change their format completely.
First, it is versatile
PDF is universal because it is device- and operating system-independent. No matter what machine or browser you use, a PDF file will always look the same.
This is not the case with most other formats such as Word, HTML, etc. This is the main reason why PDF is so useful as the main business document format. The consistency it provides leads to accurate distribution of information regardless of the platform.
Second, it is secure
PDF security has become an important part of the modern business process and has evolved over time. Today, enterprise-level security features, such as encryption and password editing, are the standard. Well, if you use a good PDF editor like PDF Guru, of course. The local tools provide excellent data protection and keep your documents private.
Third, it is just handy
And, perhaps, the best thing about any PDF file is that it’s small, so it doesn’t take up much space on your device. This is achieved by a compression algorithm.
Why is formatting important?
Formatting business documents is really important.
Formatting is the process of bringing the text and elements of a document into a particular style that makes it more readable and understandable. It can include changing the font, size, color, alignment, indentation, and other parameters.
Formatting here is divided into:
- Headings and subheadings — using different levels of headings helps organize information in a document and indicates its hierarchy and importance.
- Paragraphing and indentation — properly dividing text into paragraphs and using indents can improve the readability of the document, highlight key points, and make navigation easier.
- Lists — bulleted and numbered lists help organize information and highlight key points.
- Alignment — choosing the right type of alignment (left, center, right, width) can have a significant impact on the visual presentation.
- Text styles — using the different styles (bold, italic, underline) can highlight important words and phrases, as well as emphasize certain parts of the text.
- Colors and backgrounds — using color schemes and background images can enhance the visual perception of your document and make it more attractive.
And you know, this is all pretty darn important, because if you don’t make a document readable, it can be very, very difficult to make sense of it, and that directly threatens the success of the business.
Look, if there is no comprehensive and understandable document with KPIs, then the company’s resources will be misallocated, and the project is unlikely to be successful.
But there are worse situations, such as losing potential profits that you could have made on a completed project simply because it was incorrectly formatted in a PDF.
This is truly devastating.
This is why we recommend that you use PDF Guru. With its help, you can not only convert the document to another format but also customize it to your liking. This feature is available, for example, under the “Edit a PDF” tab that you can find on the main page of the site.